What to Look For
When shopping around for bathroom blinds, it’s crucial to focus on the following features:
- Moisture Resistance – Blinds that are water-resistant and largely unaffected by high levels of humidity are best for bathrooms. The more resistant they are to moisture, the less likely they’ll warp and develop nasty moulds or mildew.
- Privacy – Bathrooms are among the most private rooms in any property, so it’s important to pick blinds that create and maintain the level of privacy you need. Make sure you pick blinds that give you the ability to block outdoor visibility completely.
- Light Management – Natural light is always a good thing for any bathroom, but it needs to be incorporated in a measured and deliberate way. Look for blinds that let you easily control how much light can enter your bathroom, allowing you to let in or shut out as much light as you want.
Our Top Picks
Given the factors above, our top picks for bathroom blinds are PVC Venetian Blinds and Aluminium Venetian Blinds.
- PVC Venetian Blinds – PVC Venetian Blinds are made of tough PVC plastic that’s naturally resistant to moisture and warping. This material allows them to withstand the high humidity that bathrooms are exposed to, preventing the growth of moulds and bacteria on its slats. They’re also easy to use and control – perfect for adjusting visibility and natural light on the fly.
- Aluminium Venetian Blinds – Like PVC blinds, Aluminium Venetian Blinds are naturally resistant to moisture. This prevents warping and inhibits the growth of moulds on their surfaces. They’re also easy to clean, with a simple wipe from a clean cloth often enough to maintain their condition. The drawing system also makes it quick and easy to draw or close the slats, giving you more control of your bathroom’s privacy and lighting.
- Rollers Blinds – Roller blinds are simple to operate and provide the instant block out properties needed in a bathroom. While many roller blinds are made of fabric, a number of fabrics can be found that are resistant to moisture and humidity, making them excellent blinds for bathrooms. Roller blinds are especially great if you want maximum privacy and light filtering in your bathroom. If you decide to get roller blinds for your bathroom, we recommend making sure that the material is water resistant and easy to clean.
Finding Blinds that Match Your Needs
The best blinds for your bathroom are the ones that provide the level of privacy, light and durability that your bathroom requires.
When looking for bathroom blinds, keep in mind how you use your bathroom, including how much moisture and humidity it’s exposed to daily and how much light and privacy you’re comfortable with.
If you need more help finding the right blinds for your bathroom, don’t hesitate to contact us to get more assistance.