There are many types of blinds available on the market, but none has stood the test of time quite like roller blinds. Sleek and stylish, roller blinds are one of the most popular window furnishing options in Australian homes due to their ability to effectively block out the heat and retain cool air. These types of roller blinds also offer a great degree of privacy control and are available in varying degrees of light control options, ranging from light filtering all the way to complete blockout. This makes them one of the most versatile blinds on the market, and why they’re considered a fool proof option when it comes to choosing a window furnishing solution for your room.
We take a look at some of the different types of roller blinds available, and the types of rooms each option suits most.
Different Types Of Roller Blinds
Blockout Roller Blinds
Blockout roller blinds completely block out the sun’s rays, which makes them a perfect option for bedrooms and lounge rooms. These roller blind types allow for maximum light control and energy efficiency, as the thick fabric effectively insulates the home and helps regulate the temperature.
The benefits of blockout roller blinds include:
- The thick material in blockout blinds can help reduce noise levels.
- Out of all the roller blind types, blockout blinds offer high amount of privacy control as it completely blocks out the view when rolled down.
- Blockout blinds are ideal for shift workers as it completely stops light from entering a bedroom.
As the name suggests, light filtering blinds allow light to filter into the home. Made with opaque material, a light filtering blind stops the harsh rays from entering your house without completely obstructing your outside view. These types of roller shades are perfect for living room areas, as they minimise the glare from the sun.
The benefits of light filtering roller blinds include:
- Light filtering roller blinds help shield furniture from the sun, which reduces the chance of furniture fading.
- Shielding your home from the sun reduces the need for air conditioning, resulting in a smaller energy bill.
- Light filtering roller blinds come in many different options to suit every style of décor.
Sunscreen blinds are UV coated blinds designed to protect the inside of your home from the sun’s rays. These blinds work especially well for living room areas, where sunlight has the potential to fade furniture and flooring. This also works well for keeping out the heat, as the energy efficient properties make it easier to retain cool air in the summer and warmer air in the winter.
The benefits of these types of roller blinds include:
- Sunscreen roller blinds offer privacy without blocking the view.
- Sunscreen roller blinds are made from high quality PVC and polyester, ensuring it lasts for many years.
- These blinds offer high insulation to keep the cool air inside during the hot summer months.
Double Roller Blinds
Double roller blinds or ‘day and night blinds’ offer the best of both worlds, as they’re two blinds in one. A perfect option for those who can’t quite decide on the right type of fabric, double roller blinds typically come in a sheer fabric, and a complete block out option. These types of roller shades can be used in pretty much any room but are particularly effective when used in bedrooms.
The benefits of double roller blinds include:
- Of the different types of roller blinds, double roller blinds are the most versatile as they can be used to both completely blockout light or filter in light.
- Double roller blinds also give the best privacy options, as it can help you maintain privacy during the night and let the light in during the day.
Buying Roller Blinds Online at Blindo
We hope you’ve enjoyed our article on the types of roller blinds. If you’re thinking about adding some blinds to your home, be sure to browse through our range of roller blinds online and get in touch if you have any questions.